Water Gums is a modern, four-bedroom fully self-contained house. It can sleep 9 in comfort: two bedrooms have queen-size beds, one has a double and one has three single beds.
Two bedrooms are downstairs where the main bathroom and two-person spa are located. The other two bedrooms are upstairs and they share their own shower and toilet.
With generous living areas and large deck and verandah, Water Gums is perfect for a couple of families or a group of friends to use without getting in one another’s way.
The house features:
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave, hotplates, fridge and all utensils
- Outdoor furniture and gas barbecue
- Slow combustion stove (wood provided), electric heaters and fans
- CD player, great library, games cupboard and toys for the littlies
- Canoe (for use only in the billabong, NOT the river)
- Carport and parking for several cars
- Striking design featuring local timber and locally made mudbricks.
The river is home to many kinds of life. Freshwater mullet, herrings, eels, catfish and many smaller fish are common. Water Gums is visited by a bewildering variety of birds.
Much of the river-bank vegetation is original and the most common trees are the water gums from which the property takes its name, sandpaper figs, bottlebrushes, red ash, white cedar, casuarinas and kurrajongs.
In the warmer months the river is a wonderful place to swim and snorkel.
The property has many beautiful and secluded picnic spots to enjoy.
Best of all…No phone, No TV. (You won’t miss them!)